Do you want to make the best documentary film you can? For yourself, your audience and your community?
Do you want to dive much more deeply into the all-important documentary film element: the documentary interview?
Do you want to have a clearer understanding of how & why all of your behind-the-scenes footage can be most effectively used in your social media strategy, film extras, and your press kits?
Do you want to make your film goals achievable with the resources you have now, even if you're a one wo/man band?
Do you want to know how to produce a documentary overseas, even if you've never worked abroad before?
You will be able to achieve all of these objectives and more once you complete this deeply focused, straight-forward, actionable & self-paced course.
You will have a stronger understanding of the role of your interviewee, what to consider when interviewing them and a more conscious and consistent visual style for your interviews
You will have a much clearer idea of why you should shoot behind-the-scenes footage and stills, where you will use this much needed content and how you will achieve it - even if you are a one-man band!
You will have a comprehensive list of the b-roll shots you wish to achieve - whether representative or counterpoint to your audio - which will make your documentary film a much more cinematic experience
You will have completed an essential list of tasks when filming your documentary film abroad which include the necessary preparation before your trip and what to plan for whilst you are there. You'll also have a greater understanding of how to ease back into 'normal' life upon your return home
- Welcome From Your Instructor
- Course Overview and Aims
- 1.0 - Conducting The Interview
- 1.1 - Lesson Recap
- 1.2 - Conducting The Interview Action Worksheet
- 2.0 - Shooting B-roll
- 2.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.2 - Shooting B-roll Action Worksheet
- 3.0 - Shooting Behind-The-Scenes
- 3.1 - Lesson Recap
- 3.2 - Behind-The-Scenes Action Worksheet
- 4.1 - What To Consider When Filming Abroad Pt.1
- 4.2 - What To Consider When Filming Abroad Pt.2
- 4.3 - Lesson Recap
- 4.4 - Resources
- 4.5 - Filming Abroad Action Worksheet
- Supportive Resources
- Before you go
- Editing Your Doc Film w/ Paddy Bird (Webinar)
- Funding Your Doc Film w/ Morrie Warshawski (Webinar)
- Selling Stock Footage w/ Pat McGowan (Webinar)
- Legal Do's & Don'ts w/ Gordon Firemark (Webinar)
- Doc Film Distribution w/ Jon Reiss (Webinar)
- Exclusive Discounts & Resources