Do you have clarity on your film idea, topic and the impact you intend your documentary film to make?
Do you struggle to explain or describe your film to others? Unsure of what to say to pique and hold their interest?
Do you appreciate the value of a documentary film proposal, but have no idea how to write an exceptional one?
Do you understand the importance of generating a film budget, but struggle to get one in order?
Do you want to give your film the best chance of being made, funded and distributed successfully?
You will be able to achieve all these objectives and more once you complete this focused, actionable, self-paced course.
You are going to give your documentary film an amazing foundation and greatest chance for success and we are going to help you do it.
Hi Doc Filmmaker!
We're Christopher Parkhurst and Stephanie Vincenti (partners in life & in business).
Reason #2. It is incredibly easy when you have an awesome idea for a documentary project to jump in with both feet. However, experience has taught us that careful consideration and following a strategic path and lifecycle with our films is a much more constructive and ultimately, less intimidating experience. We want the same for you and will help guide you to that throughout this course.
We truly built this course for you, so you can feel empowered and prepared for whatever comes your way, by setting a firm foundation for your documentary film.
You will have a much more considered approach to your film idea and a clear intention for your project
You will be able to easily and articulately explain what you are making and discuss your film with others
You will have a comprehensive and carefully constructed documentary film proposal with which to garner funds for your film
You will have access to a detailed and realistic documentary film budget which you will have at your disposal to utilize and share wherever necessary
- Welcome From Your Instructor
- Course Overview And Aims
- 1.0 - Why we plan and what we'll cover
- 1.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.0 - Choosing Your Documentary Film Idea
- 2.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.2 - Documentary Film Idea Action Worksheet
- 3.0 - Crafting Your Elevator Pitch
- 3.1 - Lesson Recap
- 3.2 - Elevator Pitch Action Worksheet
- 4.0 - What Is It And Why Have One?
- 4.1 - What To Include In Your Proposal
- 4.2 - Tips And Considerations
- 4.4 - Lesson Recap
- 4.5 - The Documentary Core Application Checklist
- 4.6 - Documentary Film Proposal Content Breakdown
- 4.7 - Documentary Film Proposal Title Page Samples
- 4.8 - Documentary Film Proposal Action Worksheet
- 5.0 - Constructing Your Film Budget
- 5.1 - Lesson Recap
- 5.2 - Budget Action Worksheet
- 6.0 - Setting Up Your LLC
- 6.1 Lesson Recap
- 6.2 - Resources
- 6.3 - LLC Action Worksheet
- Supportive Resources
- Before You Go
- Editing Your Doc Film w/ Paddy Bird (Webinar)
- Funding Your Doc Film w/ Morrie Warshawski (Webinar)
- Selling Stock Footage w/ Pat McGowan (Webinar)
- Legal Do's & Don'ts w/ Gordon Firemark (Webinar)
- Exclusive Discounts & Resources
“You and Stephanie have created something that will continue to inspire and educate for years to come. I look forward to making the most of this wonderful resource as I continue to grow as a storyteller”
“Loaded with insight, information, and inspiration for thousands of like-minded creators around the world”