Do you have clarity on your film idea, topic and the impact you intend your documentary film to make?
Do you struggle to explain or describe your film to others? Unsure of what to say to pique and hold their interest?
Do you appreciate the value of a documentary film proposal, but have no idea how to write an exceptional one?
Do you understand the importance of generating a film budget, but struggle to get one in order?
Do you want to give your film the best chance of being made, funded and distributed successfully?
You will be able to achieve all these objectives and more once you complete this focused, actionable, self-paced course.
You will have a consciously considered film idea and a clearer concept of your project topic and intention. This will help you as you begin to you begin to shape your film proposal and other documents
You will be able to easily and articulately explain what you are making and discuss your film with others. This will allow you to begin to reach out for support and develop a connection with your niche audience
You will have a comprehensive and articulate industry standard documentary film proposal. This will allow you to begin to seek funding and other additional support
You will have a detailed and realistic industry standard documentary film budget. This will give you insight as to how much you need to raise and the ability to begin to do so
You will be knowledgeable as to the advantageous of forming a business entity for your film and in how to go about setting one up
- Welcome From Your Instructor
- Course Overview And Aims
- 1.0 - Why we plan and what we'll cover
- 1.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.0 - Choosing Your Documentary Film Idea
- 2.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.2 - Documentary Film Idea Action Worksheet
- 3.0 - Crafting Your Elevator Pitch
- 3.1 - Lesson Recap
- 3.2 - Elevator Pitch Action Worksheet
- 4.0 - What Is It And Why Have One?
- 4.1 - What To Include In Your Proposal
- 4.2 - Tips And Considerations
- 4.4 - Lesson Recap
- 4.5 - The Documentary Core Application Checklist
- 4.6 - Documentary Film Proposal Content Breakdown
- 4.7 - Documentary Film Proposal Title Page Samples
- 4.8 - Documentary Film Proposal Action Worksheet
- 5.0 - Creating Your Film Budget: Why And How
- 5.1 - Creating Your Film Budget: Template Overview
- 5.2 - Creating Your Film Budget: Tips And Considerations
- 5.3 - Lesson Recap
- 5.4 - Budget Topsheet Template
- 5.5 - Budget Breakdown Template
- 5.6 - Budget Template Download
- 6.0 - Setting Up Your LLC
- 6.1 - Lesson Recap
- 6.2 - Resources
- 6.3 - LLC Action Worksheet
- Supportive Resources
- Before You Go
- Editing Your Doc Film w/ Paddy Bird (01:02:43)
- Funding Your Doc Film w/ Morrie Warshawski (42:40)
- Selling Stock Footage w/ Pat McGowan (53:01)
- Legal Do's & Don'ts w/ Gordon Firemark (52:31)
- Exclusive Discounts & Resources