Do you feel confused about where you can show your film and how to make that happen?
Do you feel unsure of who your target audience are and who will want to watch (and pay for) your film?
Do you find it difficult to engage with people and build that all important 'list'?
Do you know how beneficial partnerships can be, but feel unsure of how to garner them?
Do you want to recoup costs or actually profit from your film?
You will have the power and clarity to be able to achieve all these objectives and more once you complete this focused, actionable, self-paced course.
You are going to get your film out to an eager and appreciative audience and we are going to help you do it.
Hi Doc Filmmaker!
We're Christopher Parkhurst and Stephanie Vincenti (partners in life & in business).
We truly built this course for you, so why wait? Let's start getting your film out into the world and in front of the people who need to see it.
You will have a well thought out and comprehensive distribution strategy with which to move forward on successfully distribution of your film. No longer will the feeling of getting your film out there be an overwhelming one
You will have extensive knowledge of who your niche audience are and have established engagement and connection with your community. They will be the biggest consumers, supporters and promoters of your documentary film
You will have the skills and tools to foster relationships with individuals, influencers and organisations with whom you can develop mutually benefical partnerships
You will have a deeper understanding of the great number of distribution options that are now out there for the independent documentary filmmaker and a greater understanding of how you can best utilize them
- Welcome From Your Instructor
- Course Overview and Aims
- 1.0 - The Empowered Filmmaker
- 1.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.0 - How to develop a distribution strategy
- 2.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2.2 - Distribution Strategy Action Worksheet
- 3.0 - Who Is Your Niche Audience?
- 3.1 - Lesson Recap
- 3.2 - Niche Audience Action Worksheet
- 4A.0 - Creating Your Film Website Pt.1
- 4A.1 Creating Your Film Website Pt.2
- 4A.1 - Lesson Recap
- 4A.2 - Film Website Action Worksheet
- 4B.0 - Social Media For Your Doc Film
- 4B.1 - Lesson Recap
- 4B.2 - Social Media Action Worksheet
- 4C.0 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.1
- 4C.1 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.2
- 4C.2 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.3
- 4C.3 - Lesson Recap
- 4C.4 - Email List Action Worksheet
- 5.0 - Developing Partnerships For Your Film Pt.1
- 5.1 - Developing Partnerships For Your Film Pt.2
- 5.2 - Lesson Recap
- 5.3 - Partnerships Action Worksheet
- 6.0 - Your Film Press Kit
- 6.1 - Lesson Recap
- 6.2 - Press Kit Action Worksheet
- Supportive Resources
- Before you go...
- Editing Your Doc Film w/ Paddy Bird (Webinar)
- Funding Your Doc Film w/ Morrie Warshawski (Webinar)
- Selling Stock Footage w/ Pat McGowan (Webinar)
- Legal Do's & Don'ts w/ Gordon Firemark (Webinar)
- Exclusive Discounts & Resources
“I just wanted to reach out and let you know what a great job you are doing. It's so important for us to share the lessons we've learned over the years with filmmakers at the beginning of their journey.”
“You and Stephanie have created something that will continue to inspire and educate for years to come. I look forward to making the most of this wonderful resource as I continue to grow as a storyteller”