Do you feel confused about where you can show your film and how to make that happen?
Do you feel unsure of who your target audience are and who will want to watch (and pay for) your film?
Do you find it difficult to engage with people and build that all important 'list'?
Do you know how beneficial partnerships can be, but feel unsure of how to garner them?
Do you want to recoup costs or actually profit from your film?
You will have the power and clarity to be able to achieve all these objectives and more once you complete this focused, actionable, self-paced course.
You will have a well thought out and comprehensive distribution strategy with which to move forward on successfully distribution of your film. No longer will the feeling of getting your film out there be an overwhelming one
You will have extensive knowledge of who your niche audience are and have established engagement and connection with your community. They will be the biggest consumers, supporters and promoters of your documentary film
You will have the skills and tools to foster relationships with individuals, influencers and organisations with whom you can develop mutually benefical partnerships
You will have a deeper understanding of the great number of distribution options that are now out there for the independent documentary filmmaker and a greater understanding of how you can best utilize them
- Welcome From Your Instructor
- Course Overview and Aims
- 1.0 - The Empowered Filmmaker
- 1.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2A.0 - Developing Your Film Distribution Strategy: What & Where?
- 2A.1 - Developing Your Film Distribution Strategy: Goals & Objectives
- 2A.2 - Lesson Recap
- 2B.0 - Your Distribution Options
- 2B.1 - Theatrical Screenings
- 2B.2 - Lesson Recap
- 2B.3 - Community Screenings & DVD
- 2B.4 - Lesson Recap
- 2B.5 - VOD & Broadcast Television
- 2B.6 - Lesson Recap
- 2B.7 - Freemium Screenings & Film Festivals
- 2B.8 - Lesson Recap
- 2C.0 - Inform Your Strategy
- 2C.1 - Lesson Recap
- 2C.2 - Tips & Considerations
- 2C.3 - Lesson Recap
- 2C.4 - Distribution Action Worksheet
- 3.0 - Finding Your Niche Audience Pt.1
- 3.1 - Finding Your Niche Audience Pt.2
- 3.2 - Lesson Recap
- 3.3 - Niche Audience Action Worksheet
- 4A.0 - Creating Your Film Website Pt.1
- 4A.1 - Creating Your Film Website Pt.2
- 4A.1 - Lesson Recap
- 4A.2 - Film Website Action Worksheet
- 4B.0 - Social Media For Your Doc Film
- 4B.1 - Lesson Recap
- 4B.2 - Social Media Action Worksheet
- 4C.0 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.1
- 4C.1 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.2
- 4C.2 - Building Your Film's Email List Pt.3
- 4C.3 - Lesson Recap
- 4C.4 - Email List Action Worksheet
- 5.0 - Developing Partnerships For Your Film Pt.1
- 5.1 - Developing Partnerships For Your Film Pt.2
- 5.2 - Lesson Recap
- 5.3 - Partnerships Action Worksheet
- 6.0 - Your Film Press Kit
- 6.1 - Lesson Recap
- 6.2 - Press Kit Action Worksheet
- Supportive Resources
- Before you go...
- Editing Your Doc Film w/ Paddy Bird (Webinar)
- Funding Your Doc Film w/ Morrie Warshawski (Webinar)
- Selling Stock Footage w/ Pat McGowan (Webinar)
- Legal Do's & Don'ts w/ Gordon Firemark (Webinar)
- Doc Film Distribution w/ Jon Reiss (Webinar)
- Exclusive Discounts & Resources